G'Day Mates!!!

Welcome to my blog! I am a senior at Baylor University and will graduate on December 18, 2010. Before I graduate though, I wanted to experience the educational system in another country…and have a little vacation at the same time :) When I was younger, I always said that if I had the chance to visit any country in the world, it would be Australia… That sounds corny but I’m not kidding. I actually have a survey from third grade that asked... “If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?,” and my answer was Australia!

Well, the opportunity arose through Baylor to study abroad in Brisbane, Australia, to teach and assist at Whites Hill State College (a middle school in Brisbane), to independently travel to Sydney and Cairns, and also to travel to New Zealand on the way back to America. The trip will last from November 9 to December 12. Needless to say, I am super excited to travel to Australia and learn about the people and culture in this country!!!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I look forward to sharing my adventures with you! G’Day mates! Let’s go to the land down under!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where's the HEB?

In Australia, the people buy their groceries at Woolworth's. Here we are at the store buying our first groceries. What!? $8 for grapes!? We also found some Tim Tams which are delicious Australian cookies that come in many varieties. 



My first meal in Australia. 


Iguanas seem to be an everyday animal in Australia. This iguana here just happened to be on the sidewalk as we were exploring the city. 


Along the sidewalk is the view of the Story Bridge shown below which is just next to our apartment on the hill. Beautiful!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment