G'Day Mates!!!

Welcome to my blog! I am a senior at Baylor University and will graduate on December 18, 2010. Before I graduate though, I wanted to experience the educational system in another country…and have a little vacation at the same time :) When I was younger, I always said that if I had the chance to visit any country in the world, it would be Australia… That sounds corny but I’m not kidding. I actually have a survey from third grade that asked... “If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?,” and my answer was Australia!

Well, the opportunity arose through Baylor to study abroad in Brisbane, Australia, to teach and assist at Whites Hill State College (a middle school in Brisbane), to independently travel to Sydney and Cairns, and also to travel to New Zealand on the way back to America. The trip will last from November 9 to December 12. Needless to say, I am super excited to travel to Australia and learn about the people and culture in this country!!!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I look forward to sharing my adventures with you! G’Day mates! Let’s go to the land down under!!!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

27 Hours Later...

From San Antonio to Dallas, Dallas to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles to Brisbane, the journey to Australia was 27 hours long!!! The time in Brisbane, Australia is 16 hours ahead of Texas time. So, when we landed at the airport at 7:45am on Thursday in Brisbane, it was just 3:45pm on Wednesday in Texas!


Waiting to board the airplane. We arrived at LAX at 8:15pm and our boarding time was at 11:45 pm.

For those of you who know me well, I had no trouble sleeping on the plane. J


We finally made it to Australia!! Here's the group of girls, 10 in all! The bus picked us up at the airport and drove us to our apartment. 

We are all so excited to begin exploring and sight-seeing the city of Brisbane!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment